"Neue Autismusstudien entlasten die Impfstoffe nicht wirklich"
(ir) Drei neue Autismusstudien, deren Ergebnisse angeblich Impfstoffe als Ursache von Autismus entlasten, sind möglicherweise in Wahrheit die Ergebnisse von Interessenskonflikten. Zu diesem Schluss kommt ein von Dr. Mercola, einem USA-weit bekannten Arzt für Naturheilkunde empfohlener Artikel. Diese Studien, die einiges an öffentlicher Aufmerksamkeit erregten, sollten demnach vor allem die Auswirkungen einer im Fernsehsender ABC ausgestrahlten impfkritischen Sendung minimieren. Währenddessen erzeugte eine weitere Studie, die den Zusammenhang mit Impfstoffen erneut bekräftigte, kaum öffentliche Aufmerksamkeit.
Recent Autism Studies Do Not Actually Vindicate Vaccines
Three separate autism-related studies recently published, resulted in media headlines that suggested vaccines do not cause autism. In reality, and despite headlines such as “Vaccine not linked to autism” and “Thimerosal Vaccine Proved Safe,” the studies may have been tainted by conflict of interest. For instance:
- A study published in Pediatrics that claimed thimerosal was not a cause of autism was funded by the National Institutes of Health (which would be negatively impacted if a link was found). Also, the study’s researchers were reportedly paid by vaccine manufacturers for past consulting.
- A study in the Archives of General Psychiatry that reportedly disproved the mercury-autism link may have had financial ties to vaccine manufacturers.
Meanwhile, just prior to the release of the studies, ABC ran an episode of “Eli Stone” that showed a jury awarding over $5 million to a mother who believed her son’s autism was caused by a vaccine.
There is now speculation that the studies, and resulting pro-vaccine media frenzy, was a carefully orchestrated attempt to minimize the impacts of this anti-vaccine TV episode.
Finally, while the pro-vaccine studies received major media attention, a study in the Journal of Child Neurology actually found that "significant relation does exist between the blood levels of mercury and diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder” -- yet it received little media attention when it was published several months ago.
Sources: Associated Content February 12, 2008
Dr. Mercola's Comments:
You can rest assured that there are very powerful influences at play -- namely pharmaceutical companies and the government agencies that are significantly influenced and manipulated by them -- that do not want word to get out that vaccines may be implicated in the autism epidemic going on right now -- but word already has.
The link between vaccines that contain the mercury preservative thimerosal and autism go back almost a decade. Thimerosal is nearly 50 percent ethylmercury, and it is already an established fact that exposure to mercury can cause immune, sensory, neurological, motor, and behavioral dysfunctions -- all similar to traits defining, or associated with, autism.
One 2004 study that reviewed data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Vaccine Data Link even concluded that children who receive thimerosal-containing vaccinations are 27 times more likely to develop autism than children who do not.
I suspect you will agree with me that that is a massive increase.
Fortunately, mercury has finally been removed from many childhood vaccinations -- with one exception: flu shots.
Most flu shots still contain thimerosal. It says so right on the CDC’s own Web site that “the majority of influenza vaccines distributed in the United States currently contain thimerosal as a preservative.”
So it is my serious recommendation to keep all flu shots, and any vaccination that contains thimerosal, far away from your children.
If you want “proof,” consider the telling fact that autism rates have been falling since this mercury preservative has been removed from most vaccines.
Other Possible Causes of Autism
While I believe that vaccines do play a role in some cases of autism, there is another relatively new cause that I am absolutely convinced is a major player: cell phones.
The information-carrying radio waves from cell phone base stations and cell phones -- which you and your children are being exposed to at unprecedented levels, and regardless of whether you use a cell phone or not -- makes children’s exposure to vaccines and heavy metals much more dangerous than they typically are.
Because the electromagnetic radiation (EMR) may actually trap heavy metals, which are associated with autism, inside your cells, allowing them to cause damage and hindering your body from detoxifying them.
Keep in mind that you can be exposed to heavy metals not only from vaccines, but also from pollution and food (fish being a primary one). For some kids, the excessive exposure to heavy metals, combined with exposure to EMR that hinders their bodies’ ability to detoxify these metals naturally, proves to be just too much, and autism may develop as a result.
So please do not allow your children to use cell phones, and certainly never hold an infant while you are using one (when you are on a cell phone the radiation plume can easily reach an infant in your other arm and penetrate their skull).
Dr. Geerd Hamer's German New Medicine has also uncovered a potential link having to do with autism and a mother's emotional state during her pregnancy. Dr. Hamer believes that it is possible that if a woman feels judged, rejected, or in some way incapable during her pregnancy, it could have a negative impact on her unborn child's future emotional health.
This, along with another trigger, such as mercury exposure, could potentially increase the likelihood of autism in her child.
What You Can Do to Treat or Prevent Autism
I outlined seven of by best recommendations in this past article, and they bear repeating here:
- Eat a diet tailored to your nutritional type for optimal health. In my experience, nearly ALL children seem to respond favorably to the dietary changes when properly implemented.
- Pasteurized milk restriction is an ABSOLUTE imperative to the treatment of autism. Anyone managing this illness without restricting milk is deceiving themselves. This includes all milk products, such as ice cream, yogurt and whey. Even natural flavorings in food must be avoided unless the processor can guarantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that caseinate is not included.
- Complete elimination of sugar, juice, soda, French fries and wheat (pasta, bagels, cereal, pretzels, etc) is also highly recommended.
- Get proper sun exposure, as an additional theory that makes a whole lot of sense is the link between rampant vitamin D deficiency and the proportionate jump in autism. The vitamin D receptor appears in a wide variety of brain tissue early in the fetal development, and activated vitamin D receptors increase nerve growth in your brain
- Use an effective intervention to address any emotional stresses as soon as possible -- avoid having destructive thoughts and emotions fester. Potent energy psychology tools such as the Emotional Freedom Technique are excellent for this purpose
- Secretin has proven effective in relieving certain symptoms of autism. It is a powerful hormone, which has the ability to reduce intestinal permeability (leaky gut). I have even observed one 3-year-old who had no speech prior to secretin speak in full paragraphs just days after the infusion.
- Homeopathy may also help ameliorate symptoms.